** PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR OUR LATEST UPDATES **
Your safety and enjoyment are central to everything we do at Smile Cycle Tours. We have implemented the following tour guidelines and recommendations to help keep everyone – staff, riders, partners – safe. We appreciate your support of our Kelowna-owned and operated small, family business.
Here are the changes we’ve implemented across all Smile Cycle Tours activities in accordance with WorkSafeBC regulations:
- Developed a COVID-19 prevention plan including an action/checklist for infection prevention and special cleaning and disinfection plan
- Developed a contact reduction plan at all our partner locations
- Trained staff on COVID-19 operational plan, protocols, and guidelines
- Installed a clear, protective barrier down the middle of our pedal tour bikes allowing no more than 6 pedalers on either side of the barrier
- Implemented full contactless payment
- Tour bikes are sanitized after every tour
- Locally-made, Forbidden Spirits hand sanitizer will be available on all tour bikes at all times
- PPE is mandatory for staff and encouraged for all guests. The Government of Canada recommends the use of masks where physical distancing is difficult to maintain. Guests may bring their own mask or wear one provided by Smile Cycle Tours at no charge.
Here’s what we recommend our riders do to stay safe:
- Thoroughly wash hands prior to touring; hand sanitizer is encouraged to be used by each rider after each stop
- Please do not share drinks and/or snacks
- We recommend bringing a mask. Many tour stop partners require them until seated
- All tours are private, single bookings at this time (6 minimum – 12 maximum)
- Please be patient and understanding with us as we navigate these changing waters. While three stops are standard on all tours, we cannot guarantee entrance into venues as a result of COVID-19 capacity reductions for customer safety. We will do our very best to find a solution with you if we encounter this situation during your tour. This may include suggesting a photo stop or an alternative stop recommended by our wonderful tour guides
- Please respect our wonderful staff members and their efforts to keep you safe and having fun. With regards to gratuities, you may tip via e-transfer if you so choose, or with cash if you feel comfortable. As a reminder, we will have plenty of hand sanitizer available for you if e-transfer is not possible
Thank you for your patience and understanding in these times! We will continue to provide updates as new information becomes available and WorkSafeBC information evolves.
March 18th, 2021
General Statement Regarding Operations in 2021
In advance of our planned opening date in late May, we await further updates from the Provincial Health Office (PHO) and WorkSafe relating to social gatherings at breweries and tasting rooms. We are planning for the same format as 2020, where a group of 6 will have one table reserved and groups of 7 – 12 will have two. Please remain at your assigned table. We will continuously update our website as information from the PHO and WorkSafe becomes available.
In addition to our no-stress tour flexibility, if you haven’t already, take a read through the points above to see what we’ve implemented to keep tours as safe as possible.
We hope you had a terrific St. Patrick’s Day, indeed we at Smile Cycle Tours are looking forward to spring and are patiently awaiting our planned kickoff. Bookings for the summer are now live on our website and include our no-hassle cancellation policy (it’s in our FAQ section and worth the read if you haven’t already). If you’re ready, our Kelowna Beer Tour and Private Tour are both available to book starting May 21, 2021. Remember, this is contingent on operational approval from the PHO and WorkSafe BC. Throughout the summer, will provide you with a full refund if tours are not possible at the earliest possible notice. Our go or no-go notification date to all parties booked in May is currently set at May 1st, three weeks out from our opening date.
Please also note our Grapes and Grains tour remains on hold due to limited capacity at our wonderful cider mill partner. To see tour updates and get all the new information from our partners, be sure to follow us on social media, @smilecycletours.
Until the next time,
Owner, Smile Cycle Tours
January 13th, 2021
New Year, new memories to be made!
We’re working hard on new routes, new partnerships and excited to share lots more in 2021. All tours include our no-hassle cancellation policy at no extra charge, so book with confidence knowing you’ll be in good hands.
As the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to be felt around the globe, we want to assure our valued customers that we are continually evaluating our response to the crisis and assessing the necessary changes to our operations to help in the fight against the spread of this virus.
Owner, Smile Cycle Tours