** PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR OUR LATEST UPDATES **
Your safety and delight are central to everything we do at Smile Cycle Tours. We have implemented the following tour guidelines and recommendations to help keep everyone – staff, riders, partners – safe. We’ve achieved The World Travel and Tourism Council’s (WTTC) ‘Safe Travels’ accreditation by implementing leading global protocols designed specifically for tour operators. We appreciate your support of our Kelowna-owned and operated small, family business.
Here are the changes we’ve implemented across all Smile Cycle Tours activities in accordance with WTTC and WorkSafeBC regulations:
- Developed a COVID-19 prevention plan including an action/checklist for infection prevention and special cleaning and disinfection plan
- Developed a contact reduction plan at all our partner locations: Groups of 6 will have one table reserved at our partner locations and, groups of 7 – 12 will have two. Guest must remain at their assigned table
- Trained staff on COVID-19 operational plan, protocols, and guidelines
- Installed a clear, protective barrier down the middle of our pedal tour bikes allowing no more than 6 pedalers on either side of the barrier
- Implemented full contactless payment
- Tour bikes are sanitized after every tour
- Locally-made, Forbidden Spirits hand sanitizer will be available on all tour bikes at all times
- PPE is mandatory for staff and encouraged for all guests. The Government of Canada recommends the use of masks where physical distancing is difficult to maintain. Guests may bring their own mask or wear one provided by Smile Cycle Tours at no charge.
Here’s what we recommend our riders do to stay safe:
- Thoroughly wash hands prior to touring; hand sanitizer is encouraged to be used by each rider after each stop
- Please do not share drinks and/or snacks
- Bring your own mask or wear one provided by Smile Cycle Tours at no charge
- Private group tours only – Please consider booking with those you’ve already been in contact with during the pandemic
- Be patient and understanding with us as we navigate these new waters. While three stops are standard on all tours, we cannot guarantee entrance into venues as a result of COVID-19 capacity reductions for customer safety. We will do our very best to find a solution with you if we encounter this situation during your tour. This may include suggesting a photo stop or an alternative stop recommended by our wonderful tour guides
- Please respect our wonderful staff members and their efforts to keep you safe and having fun. With regards to gratuities, you may tip via e-transfer if you so choose, or with cash if you feel comfortable. As a reminder, we will have plenty of hand sanitizer available for you if e-transfer is not possible
Thank you for your patience and understanding in these times! We will continue to provide updates as new information becomes available and WorkSafeBC information evolves.
Touring season continues now through October 31st for regularly scheduled departure times available for purchase through our website. Select the BOOK NOW button on our tour page to see available tour times.
Come enjoy a Craft Beer Tour or a Discover Kelowna Tour with your group of up to 12 in beautiful downtown Kelowna. As usual, call, email, or text us if you have any questions. Our contact information is in the footer.
Interior Health (IH) has released information regarding a recent COVID-19 outbreak in Kelowna, and is encouraging individuals to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
Smile Cycle Tours will continue to practice contact tracing by individual group bookings, increased sanitization protocols, as well as social distancing where possible.
We continue to strongly encourage our guests to bring their own mask, or wear one of those provided at no charge. Our guides are equipped with reusable masks for the safety of guests and the public.
For more information from Interior Health, click here
We are open Wednesday through Saturday for modified bookings – please note our new seating capacities and tour guidelines to stay safe during COVID!
If you’d like to tour on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday contact us directly, and we’ll try our best to accommodate your request. While we strive to accommodate all requests, tour inquiries placed under 24 hours pose a particular challenge for us while we recover as a community from COVID-19, as we place advance reservations 24+ hours at all our partner locations. This ensures our tours operate as smoothly as possible.
To reserve, use our online booking system or give us a call to claim your seats. Although we are thrilled to be open again, we are starting slowly with limited availability. This ensures the safety of our staff and guests, which is our highest priority.
As the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to be felt around the globe, we want to assure our valued customers that we are continually evaluating our response to the crisis and assessing the necessary changes to our operations to help in the fight against the spread of this virus.
We will continue to monitor the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada and provide further updates as new information becomes available. If you have a current booking, we will reach out to you with further information regarding your tour details.